Saturday, May 11, 2013

From Android to iOS

I made the jump.  I had and iPhone 3g when the device first came out.  I saw the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S go by.  I was using an android device called the HTC Inspire 4G.  I really loved the thing.  It had much more options to customize the interface with widgets and many home screens.  The software was nice with an active lock screen that I had never experience before with my iPhone 3G.  However, once my contract came due a few months ago, I took a look around the smartphone market and weighed my options.  Yes, everyone has an iPhone.  That is exactly what made me look at it closer.  If a lot of people are using this device what is making them stick with it? 

The Android I had was getting on my nerves.  Constant freezing and apps closing was driving me crazy.  I took a closer look at the iPhone 5.  It seemed to have all the features I wanted plus the processor and battery life was much better than what I currently had.  I think part of the problem I had with Android was the fact that everything was customizable.  There was almost too much!  I would find myself rearranging things and tweaking things here and there and wasting more time on that than actually using the device.  I have a MacBook so the fact that the iPhone would sync perfectly with it was another selling point.  I eventually got the iPhone 5 and I love it.  I love the simplicity it offers and the ease of use and compatibility with my computer.  I'm not saying one is better than the other, but at this point I love the iPhone a lot more than I did my Android.  Both are good options, but some things are not for everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment